Tuesday, July 17, 2012

God is Still Good

As many of you already know, we lost our precious little Kidney Bean on June 12, 2012.  It's hard to believe that it's been a little more than a month since it all happened, but God is still in control and has given us the peace that passes all understanding.  Our lives will never be the same and in just a few months so many things have changed.

After my miscarriage, several things seemed to happen at once... 

Sean and I made the huge decision for me to resign from my job and become a stay at home housewife and mother.  We had just finished our training to become foster parents and wanted to provide a consistant home environment for any children we accept into our home.  Putting them in daycare just did not seem like a good option anymore.  Of course, we are also hoping to try again for our own child, but we will love the children that God brings into our home no matter where they come from.  We are still waiting for a placement and due to privacy restrictions, we will not be able to share much more than the fact that we've recieved a placement. 

There was a short window of time for us to rejoin the Haiti missions trip that we had been planning on since November 2011.  Since we had just told the team about a week before my miscarriage that we would not be able to go, we needed to make sure that our airline tickets were still good and that our places hadn't already been filled.  Everything was still in place and we left as scheduled on June 26th.  We spent 10 days with Project Help in Borel, Haiti and had an increadible time ministering to the local community.  We participated in prayer walks, handing out water to farmers, VBS for the local children, repainting a bell tower and so much more than I have time to write.  Haiti also proved to be a time of healing for us.  There is much to be said about the joy recieved by helping others in need.  Here are a few pictures from our trip...


Through a very difficult experience, I have gained a closer relationship to my husband, family and Heavenly Father.  I have also heard countless stories of other women going through the same or similar circumstances and know that I am not alone.  I have taken a leap of faith by quitting my job, but I know that with this newfound freedom, I will be able to accomplish caring for my family in a much better way--not to mention the extra time I can now spend with my husband.  Sure we'll still have heartache and I'm sure trouble will still come knocking from time to time, but God is in control and He is still very good.


1 comment: