Sunday, September 25, 2011

Feelin' Fallish

It's getting to be one of my most favorite times of year!  I love the crisp weather, the leaves, the pumpkins, apple cider (hot or cold), the clothes (layers are my strong point), etc..., etc..., etc...

It also is a season for some new decorations and it gets the creative juices flowing.  My friend and I had a blast the other night creating fabric pumpkins.  I think that the original design was from Martha Stewart, but we dumbed it down quite a bit for ourselves (I hate measuring) and this is what we ended up with...
Fabric Pumpkins
They turned out to be really adorable--we're hoping to sell them at our booth for a harvest festival in our local town.  They were also really simple (after we reduced the original 17 pages of instructions to about half a page).

I've also been working on several other little projects, one of which I just finished and is pictured below...
Sweet Chalkboard
This little chalkboard was once an old oak cabinet door (I forgot to take a before picture) that I rescued.  I've still got four more cabinet doors in varying sizes to paint and make into chalkboards.  I just bought my first can of chalkboard paint and I'm raring to go.....

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh..that chalkboard turned out so cute! Love it!
    Stacey :o)

    ReplyDelete